Canadian Experience Class Application

Basic Requirements

Foreign workers living in Canada are eligible for permanent residence; to qualify the applicant needs to have a minimum of one year full-time skilled work experience in Canada within the last three years. The applicant also needs to demonstrate that he or she has adequate English or French language abilities that are adequate for their particular kind of work.

Full- time experience

Full time employment is defined as at least 30 hours per week. Part time employment will also be considered if it equates to the full time requirement; for instance two years of work experience at 15 hours per week equals to one year of experience at 30 hours per week.

Skilled Work Experience

Work experience in any skilled occupation; occupations that fall under Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupation Classification (NOC) is considered to be skilled by the immigration authorities. Please refer to the National Occupation Classification for further information. The skilled experience can be with a single job or multiple jobs and it is not required to be continuous as long as it adds up to the required one year of skilled work experience in three years.

Please note that Self-employment and work experience while a student is not counted. Work experience upon completion of the course study is only considered.

English or French Language Requirement

The applicant must be able to speak English or French at a moderate or high proficiency level depending on the skill requirement for the Canadian job. It is a requirement to undergo a language test in order to prove your abilities.

The overall cap is 8,000 applications with sub-caps of 200 applications for any of the NOC B occupations. The following six occupations are considered ineligible:

  1. Administrative officers
  2. Administrative Assistants
  3. Accounting Technicians/bookkeepers
  4. Cooks
  5. Food Service Supervisors
  6. Retail Supervisors
© 2014 Canimm Consulting. All Rights Reserved.